Students will develop a basic understanding of how candidates raise funds, what campaign contributions are spent on, the history of campaign finance reform, and the reasons for and against campaign reform.
- be able to define campaign finance.
- develop an understanding for campaign donations.
- identify what candidates use their donations for.
- analyze how campaign finance laws have changed over time.
- debate if political contributions give undue influence to donors.
- identify if campaign contribution limits violates free speech.